Please read through our updated Covid-secure climbing policy and familiarise yourself with the latest information below.
Customer Information May 2021 – Updated 21/05/21
1. Staff will call members forward to reception keeping appropriate social distance; a screen will be in place to protect staff and customers.
2. Members to swipe in or staff will find their details on our database – this will be kept for the government’s track & trace records.
3. Members to use contactless payment where possible.
4. Safe social distancing within the centre:
Climbers climbing have right of way, please wait or find another climb. Auto belay area – Climbers must leave this area if they are not climbing. Maintain social distance between problems in the Boulder Zone. Climber must not low level traverse in the central or education zones, only in the boulder zone.
5. Household / Support bubbles no longer apply, it is now permitted to climb with up to 6 people, or 2 households.
6.We are delivering all our courses & kids clubs as normal.
7.Member inductions must be pre-booked at reception.
8. Face coverings must be worn at all times in the centre. When climbing and belaying these can be removed.
• Please note under 11 years of age or if individuals are medically exempt do not have to wear a face covering.
• Staff will challenge customers if they are not wearing a face covering, this is for the health & safety of everyone.
9. Between EVERY climb you MUST sanitize your hands at one of our stations (these should be pointed out on arrival)
10. Use of toilets: one person or one household at a time, please use the flip sign on the door – climbing shoes are not allowed in the toilet areas.
11. Drinks & food can now be consumed inside at our seating areas.
12. Our Entrance and Exit system – Enter from our front door – when leaving use bottom left Exit which is clearly signposted.
13. Disabled access remains the same beside the boulder zone. If you need any assistance please ring reception, we are more than happy to help.
14. Once members understand and are familiar with this information, they may make their way to climbing zones, place kit in duckets and enjoy their climbing. Please remember you may not have climbed for over a year so take your time, lower your grade, check your knot and use a buddy system.
15. If the centre becomes busy we will trigger our 2 hour time slots and staff will inform members of this, so at present no need to book in advance. However you may wish to call to centre before your visit to find out how busy we are.
If you are unsure or feeling anxious about returning to our Centre please contact us and can arrange a one to one social distancing meeting during quite times. Where we can walk you around the centre and chat about what safe measures we have put in place for all our customers.
* Please note our policies may change at any time depending on government guidance & centre’s health and safety arrangements *