Climbing Wall Instructor
Formerly known as the climbing wall award (CWA)
The Climbing Wall Instructor is a nationally recognised qualification which allows the holder to teach and supervise groups and individuals at any artificial structure in the UK. It is the main qualification that is required by climbing walls in the UK for instructing. The Climbing Wall Instructor training course covers topics such as: bouldering, the teaching of basic movement skills, fitting harnesses, relevant knots, working with an assistant, safe operation of a range of belay devices and how to solve common problems that might arise. The training course is run over two days. The assessment course which is normally attended about 3 months after training takes 6 hours.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR REGISTRATION:
- You must be at least 17 years old
- You have 6 months rock climbing experience and have climbed at 3 different walls
- You have logged a minimum of 15 visits to climbing walls and have led a minimum of 10 indoor climbs.
- Training course cost £145*
- Syllabus can be downloaded from here
- Assessment cost £95*
*Includes entry to the centre
*Please note that all course bookings are non refundable but transferrable.