P.E. Assessment & Staff Training
Newcastle Climbing Centre staff team have a wealth of knowledge and experience in delivering GCSE PE, BTec Sport (Level 2 and Level 3) and AS/A2 PE courses with schools & colleges. We have worked with many schools across the North East ask on deliver training and assessment programmes for:
- GCSE Rock Climbing – indoor and outdoor
- National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS) levels 1 to 5
- AS / A2 Level Climbing
- AS / A2 Level Hill Walking
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Adsan assessments
We can design and deliver a programme to meet your schools preferred needs using our centre as a “live” classroom experience. We will undertake training and assessments, complete moderations and provide witness statements.
Newcastle Climbing Centre can provide training opportunities for your staff team to enhance their skills and experience in outdoor activities or curricular projects and ideas.
As experienced facilitators, we understand schools, the pressures staff face and the need to make any training challenging, appropriate and transferable. We will give your staff team an excellent and rewarding time, from which your students will ultimately benefit. We work in close partnership with local authority’s outdoor education health and safety officers to provide correct, update and appropriate risk assessments.
Training and Assessment options include for staff include:
- Climbing Wall Award (CWA) training and assessment
- Single Pitch Award (SPA) training and assessment
- First Aid qualification 8hr / 16 hr training and assessment
- National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS) Course Director
- Site Specific Training for Indoor Climbing venues
- Off-Site Safety Risk Assessment workshop
For more information and enquiries about our programmes please contact reception
Tel: 0191 2656060
or use the contact form on this page.
*Please note that all course bookings are non refundable but transferrable.