Incident management for indoor climbing walls
MLTE prerequisite for CWA assessment and the First Aid syllabus
It is important to understand the fact that Indoor Climbing is potentially dangerous. For any participant or group leader, first aid is an essential skill and the CWA assessment requires a current first aid qualification. The minimum requirement is that such a course must involve at least eight hours of instruction, include an element of assessment and cover basic life support and emergency aid.
- Safe best practice: Current guidance
- A systematic approach to incident management within climbing wall venues
- Unconsciousness, causes and treatment
- Resuscitation procedures including choking
- External bleeding and shock
- Management of minor soft tissue injury
- Management of major trauma / suspected spinal damage
£70.00 per person for 8 hour module
Next course dates:
*Please note that all course bookings are non refundable but transferrable.